Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zoo York...Singapore

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've been pretty busy with work and I'm also off my antibiotics so I may or may not have celebrated with some drinks finally. So let me catch you up.

Last weekend we went to the Zoo. It was alright. I'm not much of a Zoo guy but as far as Zoos go, it was cool. The most unique part of it was that there were a lot of free-range animals. I am really not a huge fan of that shit. A monkey almost peed on me. I did not have to pay extra for that. We'll be going on the night safari which is supposed to be amazing. I'll let you know if this is the case.

Beautiful. This guy was pacing back and forth for everyone.

The rare species Fat American. We were lucky enough to catch this elusive beast on film.

Father and son. So cute.

HaHa

Despite their best efforts, these elephants could not fly.

"I'm the king of the fuckin jungle bitch. Go get me some carcass!"

Stash's great uncle Cashew

In Singapore, they call this a fountain. Pretty cool shot that Kris took on our way out after a long day.

As a step in the right direction, I tried to overcome my fear of birds by taking a picture with Parrots. As you can see below, I am completely cured.



Moving on...I've been eating at this one food stall on a nightly basis. I get a great meal for S$2 which is nice because I'm broker than broke.

This past weekend was fun. We met a new friend who was staying in our hostel. She's from Germany and works in Kuala Lumpur. We literally met on the street and she ended up hanging out with us all day and night. That was Saturday, otherwise known as the day the Americans held their own with a rugby team playing Pub Golf. Oh yeah. What a great time that was. We hung out in an awesome part of town called Boat Quay.

With Sunday came brunch at the Hiatt with a couple of the higher ups at Iris and their girlfriends. It was spectacular. The food was amazing and abundant. We ate great food and drank champaign for three hours. Afterward, we hit up a few more local spots for some cocktails. We played some pool and had some fun.

Last week I also found this game. It's like Guitar Hero but for DJing. I know you'll appreciate this one Johnny.



It was a good weekend despite being pretty overcast the whole time. I'll try to update more often.

No comments: