Thursday, July 10, 2008

Food, Food, everywhere is Food

So as it turns out, most of my blog entries will be about food. There is so much here. Everywhere you look is a different type of food and in true fat boy style I plan on trying everything. When I'm done with this trip I may know more about food than Morgan...but probably not.

Already I've tried things I never thought I would. I ate a Century Egg. I can't really do this one justice until I can get a picture of it up here which I will do. Pictures are on the way. I promise. I also ate Carrot Cake. Sounds normal enough but it's anything but. This Carrot Cake is not a dessert at all. It's a meal and not sweet at all. I don't quite know exactly what it is, but once again, I'll post a pic when I get it.

Kris and I met up with a friend of our friend from Crispin yesterday and she took us for some Indian food. Never in a million years would I have thought I would like it let alone love it. Everything I tried was great. It may be a new favorite type of food. We also went to a bar for a drink. I drank water as I'm still nursing my leg but the beer that Kris had cost S$13 and that was happy hour pricing. Beer is very expensive as is all alcohol. A bottle of Jack Daniels runs S$75. It seems I won't be drinking much.

We are now looking at times to go see the new Batman movie next week. We are gonna get to see it before any of you because of the time difference. Don't worry, I won't give anything away.

Things are great at the agency and the air conditioning and hot water now work at our hostel so life is pretty good for the time being.

By the way, I have linked a bunch of stuff in these posts and will continue to do so as you might understand the things I talk about. Click on the words that are underlined to learn more.

I hope everyone is well. Be in touch.

No comments: