Saturday, July 26, 2008

Practice makes perfect

August 8th is National Day in Singapore. It's their independence day. They have a big celebration and a lot to do. They have a parade and air show during the day and fireworks at night. Apparently they want these events to go well so badly that they practice for a month leading up to the event. It seems fair that they would practice...HOWEVER...

Everyone has already seen the fireworks show at least three times by now so there is no real surprise in that. How do you practice fireworks anyway? I saw their helicopters doing their flag bearing portion last week. I've also seen F-16s flying around a few times and today I finally saw them all together in formation. What's left to see?



I do love fireworks and planes, but I would have preferred to see them for a special occasion. That would have made it a bit more special. Oh well. I guess I have August 8th free to do whatever I want now. Maybe I'll practice walking or something.

No comments: